Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Friday, March 18, 2011

Zoom {Frosted Designs Banner Challenge}

I wanted to make a layout with my banner for the Banner Challenge this week at Frosted Designs.  I had these pictures of Tanner on his scooter during his brother's baseball game last spring.  I had to make the banner big enough to be able to read "Don't slow me down" on the front!!
I found this triangle sign on Nate's ABCs.  I welded the shadow to a second triangle to make my banner pieces.  I wanted to wrap them around my ribbon.
Isn't this saying just perfect?
I am really optimistic here thinking that 6 will fit on my page.  The two pieces welded together are 3" tall.  Sometimes I make a 2 page project all together, but I did not have enough photos this time.  I had to delete 2 of my flags.
I used a ruler and my Martha Steward Score Board to score the diamonds in half.

I folded them and glued on the green pieces.
Something was missing, so I created some screw heads for the banner by using a plus sign and an "o" from Makin' the Grade.
I inked the edges, but they still needed something.....
so I inked the "+" on each one.
The gears were cut with a Tim Holtz Die that I borrowed from my friend (thanks Bonnie!!!).  I cut out ZOOM from Batman.  Since my photos were so skinny, I mounted them all on one mat.  I also added a few staples to help "boy it down" a bit. 

Banners are really popular and versatile ~ you should check out the other DT projects at Frosted Designs this week, and maybe enter one of your own!!

7 comments:

Cathy said...

wow, nice job.

Audrey Frelx said...

Great job, Lori!

GabyCreates.com said...

The saying it is perfect!! Thanks for directing me to the site! :)
I love how creative you got with those screws!!!! Thank you so much Lori! ~Gaby

all the days of our life said...

This is so cool Lori. I love how you did the banner.

Fern said...

WOW Lori, fantastic job with your banner!!! Super cute and very creative!!! Love the Tim Holtz Gears and the screw heads, very nice touch!!! Have a wonderful weekend!!! Hugs!!!

Debbie said...

Great layout Lori!!! Love the wording on the banners and your creative title!

Sentimental Scrapper said...

Love how you used the banner on a scrapbook page! The screws are Awesome!!!

Kimberly