Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Friday, August 2, 2013

The Boys of Summer LO (Frosted Designs)


Today I am featured at Frosted Designs for our Embossing Challenge.



I have a ton of baseball pictures to scrap so I grabbed my sports embossing folder and got to work!!


I love the look of an embossed paper sack.  I took some lunch sacks and cut off the bottoms and did some experimenting!!


I ran a sack through my Cuttlebug and liked the embossing through both sides of the sack.


Well, I thought the image would look better crinkled so I crinkled it up - and it tore.


I tried crinkling the sack first and then embossing - success!!!


I grabbed my "dirt brown" ink (aka Vintage Photo) and inked the embossed images.


I used three fonts to create my title "The Boys of Summer" and I used a phrase I purchased from the Silhouette Store.  I cut these both out of black vinyl.

I could have used black cardstock, but I felt the vinyl would cling (and stick) to the embossed images better than using adhesive on cardstock.



I used transfer tape to pull up my title...


and to lay it down on my embossed sack.
  

I used a ruler to help me tear the edges.  I inked the torn edges.


I layered my papers to frame my photos and title.  I added some natural twine knots to mimic a baseball glove.


You can see the embossing through the wide letters!!


This was a great day!!  Tanner's team is made up of 7 and 8 year olds playing in an 8 year old (and under) league.  This was our second tournament championship this season!!  Love dog pile pics :)  Tanner is very proud of his "glass" plaque (it is really acrylic but I was not going to spoil it for him)!

Thanks for stopping by!  

Be sure to link up your Embossed projects on the side bar HERE!!


3 comments:

Sheila aka SassyLady said...

What a great page... Love all the detail and the wonderful effect the embossing made on this page. Thanks for sharing!

Unknown said...

Superb Page, fabulous pictures and layout, a wonderful keepsake xxx

BrendaB said...

Fantastic page, Lori! I love your idea of embossing the brown bags - gotta try that!