Copyright Information

Thank you for stopping by my blog! I hope you enjoy the things that I create and share! I do have a copyright on my original creations (see logo on my sidebar below).
If you create and post a creations based off of mine, please refer (with a link) back to my blog. Please do not use my ideas for files, profit or for contests. Thank you!



My Craft Goals for 2015

My Goals for 2015:

1. Update my goals for 2016 in January of 2016 :)
2. Maximize my crafting time!
3. Keep plugging away at scrapbooking photos!!
4. Learn how to Heat Press!!
5. Have fun!


Saturday, June 27, 2015

Mickey Water Bottle

 

Hello and welcome to The Original Disney Pixar Blog Hop!!!  You should have arrived from Nancy's BLOG.  If you found me first, hop on over to Shawn's BLOG so you don't miss a thing!!  This is one of my very favorite blog hops - I hope you enjoy it too!!
 
I am sad to say we are not planning a trip to Disney World this year.  Last year, we went to Disneyland and Disney World - so maybe next year!!!!
 
Personalized water bottles are all the rage right now so I thought I would get mine ready!!
 
I started with a double wall water bottle from Wal-Mart.  You can unscrew the top of the widest part to add ice - love this feature!!
I used some Glitzy Glitter Vinyl from The Buckle Boutique.  This vinyl is super glittery and the glitter is pressed into the vinyl.  It is smooth and sparkly!!! 
When cutting on my Silhouette Cameo, I use the Vinyl Setting but add a double cut. 
You can really see the shine here as it is cutting! 
I use my "dental tool" to pick up a corner and weed the extra pieces away. 
I put an "L" inside a Mickey Head and used a font from my computer for "My Happy Place" for my water bottle. 
I have found the best transfer tape to use is painter's tape.  The only drawback is you can not always see your design. 
Here is the Mickey head after I lifted it off the vinyl backing.  It is silver shiny on the back which is pretty when you have a clear glass container!! 
I burnished it onto my water bottle.  I first wiped it with rubbing alcohol and let it air dry. 
I tied a bow on top for fun - I will take it off when I drink out of the cup! 
And the back!
 
As with any vinyl designed cups and glasses - make sure you hand wash between uses!
 
 





Disney Pixar Blog Hop Line Up



Lori ***HERE

Ellen ***NEXT











21 comments:

Miranda said...

Lori, your water bottles are SUPER CUTE!!!!! As always my friend you have knocked it out of the park!!!!! :-)

Ellen Jarvis said...

Awww shucks, no trip to WDW this year? I have one planned for late next June, when the Close To My Heart convention returns to Walt Disney World (it's in DisneyLAND this year). ANNNNND I have a Disney cruise planned for October 2016 when the Magic leaves out of New York City. I'll be blinging out some water bottles and LOVE what you did here. The glittered mouse is super-cute with your L in it.

Thank you for joining me on the ORIGINAL Disney Pixar Blog Hop again this year. You're one of my favorite peeps in all of craftville, and I SOOO hope we'll meet and hug one day soon. :)

Fondly,
Ellen "CardMonkey"
http://www.cardmonkeyspaperjungle.com

Eva Laney said...

Super cute water bottle project :)

Migdalia said...

Totally cute & fun!! TFS the tutorial!!
Have a wonderful day,
Migdalia
Crafting With Creative M

Eryn said...

Cute - I love having ice so these bottles are on my to find list.

Eryn said...

So cute! Thanks for sharing. These bottles are on my to find list so I can make some too.

Charlotte C said...

love this

jennyplace2 said...

Awesome project love the water bottles, they are super cute. Sad to hear no trip to Disney but just think how much fun it will be next time!

Shawn Mosch said...

Disney AND glitter . . . you KNOW I love that! I always love your vinyl projects.


Shawn ~ The Buckle Boutique Design Team Coordinator
Crafty Chics Blog
and
MyCutSearch.com ~ Find your Cricut images FAST!






Bev McConnell said...

Love your water bottles. I made some for the Star Wars 1/2 Marathon that my sister ran in January 2015. I have also made water bottles for our Grandson's birthday party - they had the children's name and a BMX bike as they were all going to a BMX indoor race track. For my Granddaughter's we put the children's names and Mustaches on them (she is really into mustaches)

Debby said...

Love your water bottle, turned out cute. I would be afraid to wash it in case the glitter come off. Have you tried washing it yet? Love to make some for my kids.

Marty said...

Great job and so original

Lyn or Gary Meeker said...

I have yet to attempt vinyl ... but I just might with this idea...thank you!

Life is a Party said...

Never doing vinyl proyects! But can't wait to try

Unknown said...

Ive always wanted to make a cup but afraid when its washed the vinyl will come

Lucia Gonzalez said...

Really great, I love the idea. Super.

booboo said...

Mickey is the best!

Unknown said...

OMG I LOVE THIS.

Unknown said...

love this. i want a sparkly water botle now.

Lady Rynn said...

I love this idea! Now I want to make some for my roommates at the CTMH Convention in just over a week!

Unknown said...

I am loving this!!! How cute, I want a sparkly water bottle! Hugs- Madge